CARLY FIORINA AND HILLARY CLINTON – A COMPARISON:Posted: August 11, 2015 Filed under: Uncategorized Leave a comment
Carly Fiorina was fired from Hewlett-Packard, and of course, her Democratic Party opponents have made that fact central to their talking points against her.
Notwithstanding Fiorina’s explanations of her performance at Hewlett-Packard, some questions in my mind remain.
However, what I have seen is that many of the same people excoriating Fiorina for her record at Hewlett-Packard are also the same ones who appear to be incapable of casting a critical eye towards their champion, Hillary Clinton.
So while Fiorina was fired from Hewlett-Packard, Hillary Clinton, as Secretary of State, presided over failures that are magnitudes greater than simply failing at running a private, for-profit company.
A short list of Hillary Clinton’s failures includes:
- The Russian ‘reset’ (Hillary even used the wrong Russian word for her red ‘reset’ button prop she presented to the Russians), with Russia invading/annexing Crimea and threatening Ukraine;
- The ouster of Libyan strongman Muammar Gaddafi from Libya without a plan to stabilize the country, thus allowing Libya to become even worse than it was under Gaddafi and become a breeding ground for Islamist terrorism;
- Presiding as Secretary of State while a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, Mohamed Morsi, became president of Egypt;
- Failing to leave a residual force of U.S. troops in Iraq, thus creating the circumstances where the rise of the Islamic State was made possible;
- Failing to fashion a coherent policy in Syria and engaging in tough talk about setting ‘red lines’ but then not following up words with action, resulting in 200,000+ people being slaughtered in a brutal civil war;
- Failing to safely secure U.S. installations in Benghazi, Libya, resulting in the deaths of four Americans at the hands of Islamists militants, including the first U.S. ambassador to die in the line of duty in 30 years, and then lie to the American people as to why the attack happened as she stood over the bodies of the slain Americans;
- Having a private email server, against State Department policy, then wiping her server clean.
This barely scratches the surface of Hillary Clinton’s modus operandi.
From what I’ve seen, even Carly Fiorina’s opponents aren’t attacking her for lack of integrity, dishonesty, or the like.
But this is exactly what people are focusing on with Hillary Clinton.
A recent poll found that a majority of people believe Hillary Clinton is dishonest and untrustworthy:
Focusing on Carly Fiorina getting fired from Hewlett-Packard while ignoring Hillary Clinton’s abysmal record as Secretary of State is like obsessively focusing on a back-alley bar room brawl in some no-name burg at the same time the invasion of Normandy is happening.